Monday, December 17, 2007

In Dreams Shall I live...

I get shocked many times at the power of creativity that my mind somehow digs up while I have shut down whatever I can... while asleep. The sub conscious proves to me to be the real master. Like last night, I found myself in a hotel, packing up to get to the airport and 1001 things went wrong, creating obstacles in my goal to get out of this hotel, a few examples: getting stuck in the elevator, elevator not stopping at that floor, losing the keys, getting lost in the lobby, losing the bus, and right when this sub conscious king was running out of ideas, my feet were so tired that I couldn't move, I had found a solution to all other problems but this time the legs just stopped working .... I guess once it gets too surreal then that's the time your conscious slave can overcome the situation and you wake up ... quite happily in fact... but the conscious slave still envies the unconscious king about the power of imagination and creativity that it has ...

Maybe part of this fact can be due to the inhibition that our brain system gets while awake.

Wow, I just did a small google and came up with this interesting and strange article!

Or maybe I am sleep now and awake when I am sleep? Sounds so much "Waking Life", an absolutely wonderful movie by the way.

9 comments:

Seven said...

I have had similar experiences many times!!! But I think most of the problems we are facing during these kind of dreams have happened to us before in the real life or some of them originate in some of our weaknesses like Acrophobia...but some of them are completely new!!! I experienced some situations I've never had an idea about them...
I don't want to make your id an religious topic but there is some religious justification for these in most of the religions...

Amir H. Fassihi said...

right and I don't know why they are usually the negative creativity problems that I see and less positive constructive ones :) .. like in the article, some scientists mentioned that they were able to prove some theory while at sleep...

MNO said...

Lucid Dreaming
In this kind of dreams you're aware that you're dreaming and you can control the events which are happening in your dreams!

I've read a few pages from this book which is on wikibooks:

It is an interesting book and it tries to address the techniques of Lucid Dreaming.

Here is the book:

You can find the PDF version also.

Seven said...

Amir
perhaps because we are always worried of this negative events and nobody is concerned of positive events...
ummmmm...

Nabi
I don't agree that most of the time we know that we are dreaming, but it happens in some cases...

Amir H. Fassihi said...

One of my friends was going to try Lucid Dreaming some time ago, I don't know how far he went but I see him often so I guess he was unsuccessful. Otherwise he would probably sleep all the time ;)

syros said...

hey man, this is what i like the most, as i have done some reading from here and there on the internet i realized that the first step is to write down your dreams when you woke up, so i did it for a while.
the good news is i managed to do this just for once(may be just by chance or the writing result!!).
it was like this: i was at a foregn country with one of my friends but i was not happy and relax bieng there (a lot things happened over there), so i decided sudenly (in the dream)and turn to my friend and told him: "you know dude the good thing about lucid dreaming is that you can be some where and if you don' like it, you can return!" and at the moment his face fade for me and i felt that i am back home but i was still sleep!! sorry for writing so much lines. it was the thing i just want to share with you!

Amir H. Fassihi said...

There goes my "Lucid Dreamer" friend ;)

syros said...

come on dude! its a long way to go to call somebody a "lucid dreamer", i wanted to ask you who is your friend? may be i can talk to him and learn something from him :), so if you meant me, i have to tell you that these days as you know how late i go to sleep (3 or 4 at morning)my mind really switches off every thing ;)

Amir H. Fassihi said...

Well to be honest with you Syrous I'm really glad you aren't a lucid dreamer because we need you to perform your artistic magic in this side of you world where we all are alongside you ... :)