Friday, January 21, 2011

The Book

"Masters of Doom", this was the book that changed my life in 2003 when I read it for the first time. The life as lived by the creators of the first major 3D First Person Shooter games, id software. The book is wonderfully written and highly inspiring. It was probably the driving force which helped me believe in pursuing an alternate life, following game development as a career. An alternate life which for me included major changes in life.

I had a chance to read this masterpiece again recently and it was even sweeter than the first time I read it. 8 years, drastic changes in life and the first attempt to releasing a game have passed since the first read but it is even more inspiring and adrenaline pumping today.

The book is all about determination, love, passion, problems, reality, sacrifice, success and life in general. Wonderful.

No comments: