Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Feeling the city

There are a lot of things going on in the cities and many details which you can enjoy, but it will be all take away from you if you drive everyday in order to reach your destinations. Now that I've sold the car and have a chance to walk or take the cab for going to places, I've found the chance to really see many parts of Tehran. Its really interesting, the stores, the streets, the people, the trees, the traffic. By the way, the subway experience is very unique too. The people in the subway are in a very special state, sitting or standing in a closed space, knowing they have to be there for some time, witnessing other people like them and a lot of times facing these people, unlike a bus where you will see the back of the heads of others. I had a similar experience few years ago when I had to walk down Wilshire Blvd. in LA and although I had passed it a dozen times before, I was able to really see it when I had to walk.

No comments: